The days are gone when printing onto canvas required an artist to copy his work onto the canvas. It was only possible by a professional photographer to transfer the photographs onto the canvas. They have come a long way and today, you can do this by yourself or if you wish to stylise your photos, you can consult a professional too. There are sophisticated tools and softwares available for you to do this. And it is undoubtedly very easy!
Let us have a look at how you can do all this by yourself without the help of professional expert:-
- Firstly, you should purchase a canvas of your choice from any stationery store. Make sure that this canvas is compatible with an inkjet printer. You can get quality prints all in the comfort of your own home.
- Secondly, you should log on to the internet and buy art prints available from different websites. You can then choose the fine art file you would want to use for printing onto canvas. Make sure of the fact that the file has good contrast before you move on to the next step.
- Thirdly, you can switch on your PC and print the file through your printer.
- Fourthly, make sure you use the manual feed slot on the printer. If you wish to have borderless printing, this is the best option.
- Fifthly, put the canvas inside the printer. The canvas must go in straight to avoid any distortions in print.
- Sixthly, ensure that your printer does not run out of colours while printing. So, your printer should have sufficient levels of colour available for the print.
- Seventhly, input the commands to your printer through your computer and then print the work. Give ample time for the canvas to dry to avoid any smudging on the canvas.
- Finally, after the canvas has dried off completely, you can either keep it as it is or put it into a frame of your choice. This is your creation and you are good to go!
With an array of choices available today, you can do this all by yourself. You will no longer need a photography expert to do it for you. If you are well aware of the basics in printing through a computer, this article is for you. With the use of sophisticated techniques, equipments, papers, colours and printers, printing onto canvas was never this easier. If there are certain art pieces you would like to have, doing this is as easy as ever. It is time you have your favourite artworks hung in your room or gift it to someone you are close to. It could be a friend, a colleague or your parents. They are sure to be happy with this. Also, if you need a professional touch up, there are several companies who could do this for you. You would have to pay a bit more obviously, but the results would surely be breathtaking. And, if you can do it yourself, what better!